Geneva City Walking Tour
Wind: 6.44 km/h
- Get excited during Geneva City Walking Tour with an enthusiastic guide for two-hours.
- Trip to the English Park to see the world-famous Flower Clock.
- Admire the iconic symbols of Geneva, especially the Jet d'Eau Fountain and Rousseau Island.
- Stroll through the elegant shops in the famous shopping paradise Rhone Street.
- Exploring tour in the amazing milestones of the Old City.
- Keep the memories alive by capturing memorable photos next to the Reformation Wall.
Discover the French-speaking Geneva city with Switzerland Tour. It is also, known as “The World’s Smallest Metropolis” and is situated on the banks of Lake Geneva, right at the foot of the Alps.
One of the first things you will feel throughout Geneva tour is the cultural diversity, common for the “Capital of Peace”.
Geneva is home to European headquarters of UNO and Red Cross, as well as more than 180 international organizations.
Meet your friendly local guide at any centrally located spot and start revealing the landmarks of Geneva during a two-hour foot trip.
The first stop will be at the English Park, where you will marvel the lively Flower Clock over the beautiful gardens. As it is known, Geneva is an exporter to conventional watchmaking. Thus, Geneva created the world’s biggest clock from numerous flowers, which make the Clock look in different shapes all over the year.
Next, you will proceed to see Geneva’s centrepiece, the majestic Jet d'Eau, which is a huge fountain on Geneva Lake, and the tallest one in the world.
Afterward, just cross the bridge Pont des Bergues to reach the Rousseau Island, located right in the midpoint of the Rhone River.
From here, you will clearly see Jean-Jacques Rousseau’s statue, the world’s renowned philosopher and writer.
Another inspiring feature about Geneva is being a competitor in shopping field throughout Europe. Take a walk through the famous brands especially in Rhone Street (The Shopping Paradise).
Continue the leisurely tour around the Old Town, the gem of Geneva with the narrow ancient streets, museums, scenic squares, the finest cafes and restaurants.
As well, you will see the Saint Peter’s Cathedral, the temple dating back to the 14th century and the City Hall among other famous sights.
Surely, you will not miss having some rest at one of the homey restaurants in the Old Town to try the tasty Swiss dishes after the walking tour ends.
The last point of the walking excursion will be the Reformation Wall, which is nestled at the alluring Bastions Park, and represents the four leaders of the Reformation.
Here you can find below mentioned Geneva sightseeing points worth seeing:
- The Broken Chair
- Parc de La Grange (scenic lakeside park)
- Maison Tavel (The History Museum of Geneva)
- Palace of Nations
- Place du Bourg-de-Four Square (surrounded by historical roads)
- International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum
- The package includes
- Guide Service
- The package does not include
- Optional excursions