Lucerne City Walking Tour
Rain And Snow
Wind: 5 km/h
- Switzerland Tour invites you to explore the endless source of enchantment Lucerne City.
- Lucerne City walking tour - it is a discovery for two hours with a knowledgeable guide.
- Get acquainted with interesting facts about Lucerne’s top sights - the distinguished Chapel Bridge and the Lion Monument.
- Beside the Lion Monument is nestled the Glacier Garden, home to real exploration.
- After ending the guided tour, we advise you to take an unforgettable boat trip across Lake Lucerne.
The best way to delve into the portal of Switzerland tourism Lucerne is to take a foot tour through the landmarks of the medieval city. It is home to world’s historical heritage and outstanding architecture in each corner.
Meet your expert guide and start sighting an alluring overview on the Chapel Bridge (Kapellbrücke) and the Water Tower. You will admire every single moment walking over Europe’s oldest surviving wooden bridge dating back to the 14th century. This pedestrian bridge contains several paintings dating back to the 17th century. A part of this flourishing bridge was partially destroyed by fire caused in 1993, but was rebuilt later.
Continuing the trip through Lucerne’s well-preserved roads in the Old Town, which will definitely astonish the tourists from all around the world. Reclining between the city hall and the Chapel Bridge. After finishing the walking tour, you can enjoy sitting in one of the wild variety restaurants with a beautiful view over Lake Lucerne.
Afterward, the guided tour will proceed to the city’s best-known monument, the figurative Dying Lion. This is an engraved stone stab by a spear on a wall, with the saddest Latin inscription written above the piece of rock "Helvetiorum Fidei ac Virtuti", which means "To the loyalty and bravery of the Swiss".
This Lion structure known as Lucerne’s symbol was set up in honour of the Switzerland traitor soldiers. They gave their souls while assisting the French Royal Family to escape during the French Revolution.
Alongside the Lion monument is located the Glacier Garden. This is a park and has a museum inside it, existing since the Ice Age. This garden is considered as one of the original tourist’s attractions in Switzerland.
After finishing the entertaining Lucerne tour, you have another perfect opportunity to enjoy the beauty of Lucerne. However, this time with just relaxing on a boat across the Lake Lucerne. Take a trip through the landmarks of this magnificent city mixed with a panoramic view of the surrounding peaks of Pilatus, Rigi and Titlis.
From June to September, a ride with the City Train is possible, as well as visiting the Folklore Show to enjoy a traditional Swiss lunch.
Hurry up and book one of the best Switzerland tours without any doubt!
Here are additional attractive sightseeing points in the gifted City of Lucerne worth seeing:
- Lucerne Culture and Convention Center
- The Congress Center with an architectural design
- Jesuit Church “Jesuitenkirche”
- Saint Paul's Church
- Swiss Museum of Transport
- The Nine Towers
- The Town Hall (Rathaus)
- Bourbaki Panorama Lucerne
- The package includes
- Guide Service
- The package does not include
- Optional excursions