Wind: 4.83 km/h
Kandersteg is the farming village located at 1200 meters just in the heart of Swiss Alps, in the Bernese Oberland. Proudly extend all along the valley of Kander, which will impress you with its magnificent mountain scenery.
It is a perfect destination to be closely acquainted with the surrounding Swiss mountains and explore the traditional Alpine rural lifestyle.
During a holiday vacation in Kandersteg, you will find out how exactly Swiss cosy villages were looking like a long time ago. It is characterized just in the central by the wooden chalets, homey restaurants, Alpine meadows and valleys, which create a picture of wild heaven. All that beauty will amaze the vacationers with different tastes and preferences.
Nowadays Kandersteg is a touristic center that suggests its visitors a variety of mountain hostels, apartments, chalet-style hotels or campsites. Besides, there is a wide diversity of restaurants, where you can taste traditional Swiss and local cuisine.
The unique landscape welcomes the visitors all year round for Kandersteg hiking and mountain climbing as well as downhill and cross-country skiing.The village is a real paradise for skiers during winter months because of the wide ski pistes, which suit the best intermediate skiers and even the beginners with indoor and outdoor ice rinks. Other than that, it has more winter sports options, such as snowshoe trails and skate runs on the snow.
In summer, it becomes an absolute wonderland for hikers as well by offering walking paths for hundreds of kilometres.
Kandersteg’s village is also boasting with its International Scout Center, which welcomes about 12000 scouts and guides each year from all around the world.
Switzerland Tour offers you one of its private trips to the superb resort of Aeschi in Bernese Oberland. Later, the gondola lift will raise you to Kandersteg, where the admiring views unfold. Upon arrival, all you have to do is relax in nature's embrace and enjoy fishing on Lake Oeschinensee. Equip your fishing kit and spend one of the best moments ever within the relaxing natural atmosphere.
Kandersteg provides its tourists with unlimited activity choices, spectacular scenes, and peaceful environment to ensure more enjoyable holidays.
Hence, below you can find some sightseeing list worth seeing in Kandersteg:
- Sunnbuel (Sun Bowl) – A hiking trails all along the lush meadows and a popular ski area in the winter seasons, accessible by a cable car.
- Allmenalp via ferrata – It is a challenging trail and paradise for adventure lovers who wish to climb a 350 - meter high wall.
- Gasterntal Hotel – Enjoy a romantic stay in the mountain hotel with countless opportunities for active exercises.
- Oeschinen Lake (Oeschinensee) – Reachable by a gondola lift and offers fascinating views of the surrounding mountains with an opportunity of an enjoyable fishing. The temperature goes up to 20 degrees Celsius in summer, thus, you can even swim here.
- Blausee Nature Park – The clear pure lake in the valley of Kander, among the famous tourist destinations.